A real life and hands on hospitality training and development program for
refugee, migrant and asylum seeker youth
The Common Social is a social enterprise café by Tomorrow Foundation that will provide hands on training, work experience, support and guidance to refugee, migrant and eligible asylum seeker youth predominately between the ages of 15-19 years. As a social enterprise the project ensures self-sustainability through reinvestment of profits into the programs the organisation provides, as well as allowing the participants to experience the hospitality industry first hand. We are aiming to open the cafe in late 2016.
There will be two programs initially offered through The Common Social,
- Introductory To Hospitality,
- Fundamentals of Hospitality
These 2 programs will cover such things as:
- Accredited coffee making course
- Food Handlers course and accreditation
- Resume and cover letter writing
- Prepare for interviews
- Guidance session with industry mentors
- Paid work experience opportunities
- Networking and employment opportunity referrals with industry partners and The Common Social
- Access to other Tomorrow Foundation services
The Common Social
The Common Social will be a sit down and takeaway cafe that serves food and drink to customers such as coffee, smoothies, sandwiches, pastries, and on-the-go breakfast. It will also act as a social hub for youths and multicultural community of the area.
The Common Social will be located in the Footscray area and will be open daily between 7.00am-3.00pm. Work experience will be offered in open times and the training and mentoring program will operate from 4pm.